Older Cary 306/200 vrs a recent used Cary CD500?

How does the highly reguarded some 10+ year old Cary 306/200 CD player sound vrs the recent discontinued Cary CD500 player? I'm thinking of buying used. Both of these units look interesting to me. Of course I could wait for the newer Cary player due out this Spring...Currently using a Denon 1650AR which I like. Most of my listening is now CD. Really I just want a really good player and be done with it. All comments welcome.
exocet954
thanks, I really like them both but never had a chance to compare the two side by side. I bought the 303/300 after owning a couple other units in between. Both have really good analog volume controls w/3volt output thru the rca's (more thru the xlr's) which works great direct if your amp is sensitive enough & of course - if the synergy is there. good luck I know you'll like either the cd500 or 306 a lot.
I pulled the trigger on the Cary 306/200. I'm not sure of the date built but, according to the owner it was a later model one year old when he purchased in 2007. I couldn't justify the cost of the Cary 303T. Perhaps, I will find one
used down the road. Looking forward to hearing this Cary as it's in transit.
when using a preamp make sure you have the analog volume control all the way up via the remote. I think it's going to blow away what you're used to - let us know how you like it:)
Pehare,

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure I have the volume all the way up via the remote. Glad you let me know. I will let everyone know how I like the older Cary 306/200. Give me a week or two. All the best...
Hi, I owned the cary cd-500,I,m sorry gentlemen,the cary was the worst sounding unit me and the wife ever experienced,the sound stage seemed cluttered and the treble was analitical big time,bass was lean sounding as well,thou the unit had clarity going for it,we quickly sold it and waiting for delivery of the Ayon 2s player,happy listening!