Replacement for Squeezebox Touch?

It's too soon to panic, but with Logitech's action to discontinue the Squeezebox Touch I'm looking ahead to a replacement.

I currently have my music library (in FLAC format) on an external hard drive attached to my PC. I then use the Logitech Media Server running on the PC to distribute the music files to the Touch through my home network. I'm using the digital output of the Touch into a Musical Fidelity M1DAC, and I can see and control the player through an app on my iPad. It all works great, even with hi-res 24/96 files. Additionally, Pandora and Internet Radio are all available through the Touch.

The Touch was an extremely cost effective way to get into this new (to me) mode of listening to my library. Now that I'm hooked I don't want to be left high and dry when and if the Touch goes belly up.

What reasonably priced options are out there? I know that the Mac Mini has been used by some, but I'm clueless on how to set up something like that. I'd rather not put a computer monitor in my audio rig. Could the Mini be controlled from the iPad? Also, since iTunes doesn't handle FLAC, how do I deal with that?

I know there must be other options as well, but price is very much an issue. Some of the media servers I see on Audiogon are $3K to $5K or more. They're unfortunately not in the cards.

Any responses would be appreciated. I'm sure I'm not alone with concerns on this topic.
bama214
I don't think you need to give up on the Touch just yet. I have 7 Squeezeboxen around my house and everything is working just fine. Of course, if Logitech Media Server is ever discontinued, we are done, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. By the time it does, any recommendations you get in this thread will be so outdated they won't make any sense.
Austinbob --- does the Sonos handle hi-res (24/96) FLAC files? How do you control it --- does it require a monitor screen to be placed in the listening area?