Abbingdon music research AMR cd-77 is how good?

The AMR CD-77 cdp got some pretty good reviews from the likes of stereotimes, dagogo, and 6 moons reviewers....

BUT is this cdp a reference cdp or just a small improvement from competitors like Lector 0.6T, Wadia, Meridian G08 or 508.24, Electromcompaniet EMC 1-up..

Just how good is it??
dvdgreco
vze739n,
I appreciate your in depth response.. I do currenlty own a Mccormack DNA-1 which has been recenlty updated by Steve & Kris at SMC Audio to the silver + status..

It will be interesteing to see what the set-up sounds like when all together....
Vze739en, you are welcome to post here, as is everyone else. There is no rule against people in the industry posting, although disclosing one's affiliation is appropriate as a courtesy to others. My post did not express an opinion nor was it self promotional beyond saying it is best to hear them side by side, as other AMR dealers and some consumers have both. If my post offended you I apologize, no foul intended.

Who are you? Your user name gives no indication of your identity and location. My chosen user ID makes my affiliation clear, so in the event I omit a dealer disclosure it is still easy for the viewer to see. I can't say the same for a lot of people here, some who clearly have an agenda and fly under the radar, regardless of being registered as private individuals.

All of that said, thank you for your thoughts. I'll continue to post mine, mainly intended as helpful information and clarification rather than being construed as stepping over the line. And I trust you'll try to be equally diligent in policing other threads and posters, regardless of their monikers.
>>07-31-12: Vze739en
We want people to post that do not have an agenda.<<

Have you met Ralph?
Essentialaudio. Your remarks are noted. I think indeed you did not cross the line. I appreciate that.

Dvdgreco. You are welcome. It takes enormous research to find out about different pieces of equipment. It is my hope that some of my discussion will help others in their considerations for their own equipment research. Good luck! Let us know how this goes.

Audiofeil. I do not normally post to threads. I have referred to them over the years a lot and am grateful for those that have really endeavored to give us all information, so when I do feel I am in a position to give back...I am glad to provide feedback on things I have invested in, that were very expensive and may be valuable to others making their own assessments. The AMR is a very unique piece and they really have put something together that is special. That said, my power supply recently failed in the AMR. I will probably replace that module this weekend. It had a cycling fault, unable to obtain stabilization. That said, if one owns almost any equipment long enough...whether we like it or not...occasional issues come up. I still consider this incidental and do not have anything negative to say regarding the AMR. It is not an inexpensive piece and for that reason it is not for everyone...and of course, some can be very satisfied with an old boom box jamming away, while they work on something in their garage, office or wherever. Oh, for those days... ~ ; )