Improvement in CD player transports

Have transports improved over the years the way DACs have? I have a Cary Audio Xciter DAC and have an Acurus CD player and a Music Hall CD 25.2. Not sure which to use as the transport. The Acurus is built like a tank and has the air constrained dampening, but the Music Hall is a lot more current component. Opinions are welcome. Rest of my system is on Audiogon. Upgraded to MartinLogan Electromotions and the PrimaLuna Dialogue 2 since it was posted. Thank you.
moofoo
Of course the real answer is you have to do the hard work of plugging them in and listenign to both, comparing what you hear. I recently switched from an old Sony 707ES as a transport to a more recent Sony 777ES SACD (I think I've gotten the model # a bit mixed up, but you know what I mean) player and noticed an improvement.
Thanks. I am in the process of doing the comparative listening now. I just need to decide which sound I like better, as the older transport seems to sound more analog-like and since I am mostly into vinyl I kinda like that. Thank you again for your comment.
I would put my redoubtable CEC TL-1X (modded by RAM and updated by Nick Gowan at True Sounds)up against any current transport, without regard to price.

Neal