Ayre C-5xeMP Owners - remote swap? and tips

Anyone interested in swapping out an older (4 bolt on face) remote for the newer backlit multi-function remote?

I just got this player with a New from Ayre remote control (dealer replaced it) and realize I prefer the old school remote. Mike at Ayre has confirmed to me that these are backward/forward compatible (but thinks it odd I would want the older one!). I'm told this backlit remote was an upgrade option for a while. Trade would be for a pristine condition '4 bolt' remote only. I posted a listing for this also.

And...any tips on footers, pcords, hi-fi fuses for a C-5 newbee?

thx,
AJ
aj_f75
Aj-f75, yours has an external mains fuse under the AC plug? My C5exMP does not. Is your's an older C5 model with the upgrade?
T, that's very strange. I would call Mike at Ayre if you really have no mains fuse protection anywhere - seems hard to believe. Mine is not an upgrade and it does have the fuse holder built into the ac port (I believe the 'official' way of telling an upgraded player is that they have an E as the last digit of the serial number on rear). I also just noticed that Furutech sells an upgraded version of this fuse holding port - have to stop looking at this stuff...it doesnt end.