Ayre C-5xeMP Owners - remote swap? and tips

Anyone interested in swapping out an older (4 bolt on face) remote for the newer backlit multi-function remote?

I just got this player with a New from Ayre remote control (dealer replaced it) and realize I prefer the old school remote. Mike at Ayre has confirmed to me that these are backward/forward compatible (but thinks it odd I would want the older one!). I'm told this backlit remote was an upgrade option for a while. Trade would be for a pristine condition '4 bolt' remote only. I posted a listing for this also.

And...any tips on footers, pcords, hi-fi fuses for a C-5 newbee?

thx,
AJ
aj_f75
Mine is on Herbies Tenderfeet over a Zoethecus Z-slab that I had left over from a Zoethecus rack I used to own. I use a Hi-Fi Tuning fuse (original model) and shielded PCOCC Furutech power cord. I have the original remote. The player sounds great with the best bass I have heard from digital.
I took the top off my C5MP and could not find any fuses. Iv'e tried this unit on many types of isolation and found carbon fiber platforms the best sounding overall with the least anomalies.
I tried squishy, balls, cones, cork, etc feet on my CX-7eMP and the best I found was the Ayre wood blocks. They just present a tone that the others didn;t have. Of course, the C5 may react differently.

I also am using a Kaplan cord on mine. The little bit of added warmth from this cord is welcome.