SACD playback thru Bryston BDA-1

Now that I have invested in a Bryston BDA-1, I was looking for a player that will output digital to the BDA-1 during playback of SACD discs.

Before everyone jumps in and mentions all the SACD players that have digital outputs, please note that SACD playback has copyright protection, and I have heard that this prevents digital output of SACD, only analog is allowed. Since I want to input digital to the BDA-1, analog outputs have no use.

I know the Sony players prevent didital outputs of SACD, but I am wondering if Denon or NAD players are also restricted in this way.
dhl93449
Sorry, Kal, I don't know that. I tried calling Sony when I got the player to get more info, but, as expected, the person I spoke to was clueless. Didn't even know what SACD was.
Well, as others have pointed out, that is a critical point because, if the output is 16/44.1, it is pointless as that is CD resolution.

Kal
Ncarv, Kr4:

Since Sony is one of the major enforcers of SACD copyright, I doubt if any Sony player outputs true SCAD digital output via PCM. It may be a "compressed" version which, even though is in a format other than 16/44.1, is still a compressed (not exact) copy.
How do you define "true SCAD digital output via PCM?" I am getting 25/176.4 PCM output and do not regard that as compressed.

Kal