Is the Transporter gone out of production forever?

Logitech no longer lists the Transporter amongst its products. Does anyone know if there will be an updated Transporter in the future?

What other stock streaming players rivaled the Transporter in sound quality and price?

Will the Squeezebox Touch with about $2k worth of DAC equal or surpass the stock Transporter?
128x128mitch4t
I think that is the idea as more and more systems are mostly digital. I haven't tried the analog outs on the Touch yet but I have used the digital outs with Meridian and Classe.

Kal
I don't know the exact, official status of the Transporter but you're right, it is missing from the product line up now. However it was doomed to go out at some point since the visual display modules used in it were no longer being manufactured.

I'm assuming they have some in inventory for warranty service but probably not enough to continue new production.

I auditioned a Transporter a few years back and ended up with a SB3 and a Lavry DAC. I thought the audio performance was equal, though I know others disagree. I've since added a Touch and am very pleased with the audio quality.