Eastern Electric's new tube DAC using ESS Sabre??

anyone have it or have heard anything about it? any reviews?
im quite curious about it.. price is $750 and they use the ESS 9018 sabre dac
mrkoven
I will keep updating the review if there are changes. I lose track of all the other conversations.
there have been allusions to the house sound of the ee dac. i found that with certian tube gear, the sound was on the warm side.

you can seee what equipment i used on audiophilia.com .
Mrtennis,

How would you compare the EE Dac to the Neko Audio D100? I know the latter is much pricier, but if the EE comes close to its performance it's a real bargain in my book.
i had both dacs but did not compare them directly. considering the relative prices, i bought the ee dac and was not at all impressed with the neko dac.

i'm not criticizing any aspect of the performance of the neko dac, but there was nothing outstanding about it.

the ee dac is very versatile and offers the opportunity to use at least two different 12 volt tubes, namely 12au7 and 12atz. note, the section of the ee dac that useses a tube is a gain stage not a buffer stage. be careful of the gain of the tube you use. i am not sure that a 12ax7 would work as well, as it is a higher gain tube than a 12au7. you might also try a 12ay7.

i had the opportunity to buy the neko dac, reviewed it and sent it back. you can read my review on audiophilia.com.

my system is a bit attenuated in the highs, so i am currently using an rca 12at7.
I have tried Telefunken smooth plates, GE BP Triple Micas and Mullards Box Plates. The Box plates a way more musical than any tube I have tried. The Teles were fantastic in a previous pre-amp but were very disappointing in the EE. The soundstage disappeared but the imaging was sharp and precise. The GE improved the soundstage and the mullards really excelled in overall musicality, imaging and soundstaging.