Blue ray player with good audio

Any suggestions on a blue ray player with excellent sound? I have a lot of dvd concerts, some standard DVDs and some blue ray. I am looking for a player that has above average audio.
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal
I just received an Oppo BDP-80 and run the digital out to a PS Audio DLIII. I love the sound. Together that is $900 new. The picture on the Oppo 83 is better (some say the best that is possible now)if you are running HDMI out to your display, for a total of $1100. Some posters like the sound of the 83 better than the 83SE but I have not heard them. I choose the 80 because I only have component inputs on my older HDTV. The DAC gives you the option to run other inputs such as USB and optical from other sources such as computer, server, apple express, etc.
Tgrisham - have you had any opportunity to use your new BDP-80 on SACD software yet and if so what are your thoughts?
I would go for the Oppo BDP-83/SE and combine it with a musical DAC. I'm using an Oppo DV-980h Universal Player paired with an older CAL Sigma single tube DAC. How good does it sound on 2-channel redbook/SACD audio? The Oppo/Sigma combo smoked my $1800 Doge 6 Tube CDP in almost every way. In fact I just sold the Doge and I'm using the Oppo/Sigma for both 2-channel redbook/SACD & DVD video. The Oppo/Sigma combo is dynamic, natural, open, uncoloured and produces a large soundstage. The Doge sounded laid back by comparison.

If you can find an older CAL Sigma, Alpha or Sigma II DAC (they pop up on A'gon somewhat regularly, but you have to act quickly as they literally sell within minutes of posting) it would be a great match with that Oppo player.

Perhaps some other members can reccomend some other musical sounding DACS that would work well with the Oppo.

IHMO Craig_hoch, I would just get an aftermarket mod for the Oppo BDP-83/SE and not bother with an external DAC.

I'm very please with my MW BDP-83 and for the 1st time, only shopping for SACDs. Comparing the same material between SACD and 24/96 flac using my MW Transporter, I prefer the SACD.
That's good to know Knghifi. In all fairness I haven't heard the Blue Ray players that Oppo has out, I based my comment on my experience with their DV-980h. I used the 980h in my secondary system as a stand alone player and it does indeed have very good sound from it's analogue outputs, however the external DAC took it to another level and it now outperform my highly regarded (and substantially more expensive) Doge 6.