Sony XA5400ES DAC Chip

Does anyone know which DAC chip (e.g., BB, Wolfson, etc.) this new CDP uses for RBCD and SACD? Can't find it in literature and seems to be a big mystery. Also, how is jitter reduction handled?

Ordered one of these almost on a lark after reading rave reviews. Find it hard to believe any component this inexpensive (paid ca. $1150 including shipping and insurance, with full Sony mfrs waranty) can be nearly as good as some of the reviews/comments say it is -- or can hold a candle to my modded CEC TL-1X/Dodson 218 with latest software upgrade combo, but I would love to be proven wrong. And if it is even close it would be quite an accomplishment.

Thx.

Neal
nglazer
with regard to playback of redbook cds i believe the ess sabre dac (32 bit chip, 7 channel) is superior to any burr-brown chip. i will admit howevere, having auditioned many players/dacs using the 1792. i am not sure about the 1796. can anyone mention a brand which uses the 1796, other than the sony ?

thanks.

by the way, nglazer where did you purchase the sony. the only add i see is american theater. i am not sure the warranty is valid from them .
Mr. tennis,

I did buy from American Theater. Kevin there assured me it carried full US warranty and was shipped from his retail store in Philadelphia. The unit came with a Warranty registration card.
I would double check their warranty availability claim by contacting Sony directly. When I purchased mine I did contact American Theater too, but I saw a couple of red flags and I ended up purchasing elsewhere.
I also did not purchase from American Theater.
Besides finding their attitude un appealing,their promise of Sony Warranty is untrue.
They offer some sort of in-house "service" I suspect.
They are not an Authorized Sony dealer.