Vandersteen 3A OR Alon 2 MK2

HAS ANYONE HAD THESE TWO SPEAKERS IN THEIR OWN LISTENING ROOM? I AM LOOKING FOR OPINIONS IN YOUR ROOM WITH SAME ELECTRONICS AND ROOM TWEAKS AND TREATMENTS NECESSARY FOR EACH SPEAKER.I CURRENTLY OWN VANDERSTEEN 3A NOT SIGNATURES. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A DAHLQUIST FAN AND ALSO OWN DQ10 AND DQ20 SPEAKERS.I KNOW CARL WORKED WITH JON DAHLQUIST AND WONDER IF THE ALON WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE. THANKS,RICH ANROOM
captain
HELLO AND THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES. I LOVE THE 3A BUT I THINK RACKON HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.THE DAHLQUISTS HAVE MORE LIVE ENERGY AND ARE MORE SENSITIVE TO THE EQUIPMENT FEEDING THEM. THIS IS WHY I AM SO INTERESTED IN THE ALONS EVEN THOUGH I NEVER HEARD THEM ,THINKING THEY ARE SPEAKERS WHERE THE DAHLQUISTS LEFT OFF. BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM???for my taste of course.
I forgot to add in my previous post: one of the coolest things about the Alons is their top to bottom coherence, almost like a planar. I defy anyone to find the crossover points listening to music. Playing many recordings this weekend, the other thing we've noticed is how they handled a large variety of music - everything we threw at 'em - with aplomb: large scale classical, choral, chamber music, rock, vocal, blues, big band, jazz trio, solo piano, etc. The Vandies are more forgiving, but I think ultimately I will be able to put together a really special system around the Alons. I know they're sure going to tell me EXACTLY what any new electronics I swap in sound like. For me, the extra homework is worth the ultimate reward. Your mileage may vary, and I have not heard the 3A's signature version, which may have addressed my reservations about the Vandies. But if you like the Dahlquist sound, I think you should try to hear the Alons. Good luck!
Dear captain I've had both these speakers I sent my woofers for the alons to bill legall and it made quite a differance i kept my alons sold the vandy's' they were to laid back for me 'Yes it is a great speaker but not exicting enough for me. good luck
Good evening I Owned a pair of 3a's they were also to laid back for me I originally owned Alon II MK II speakers had bill legall replace woofers 'what a differance Ck the alon line out you'll be amazed about how the soundsurrounds the room nothing against the vandy just a matter of taste.