PS Audio Digital Link III vs MHDT Paradisea

Anyone have any experience in comparing these two DAC's? Just curious....
Ag insider logo xs@2xdogmcd
MHDT Havana was much better than the PS Audio I had, and I think the Paradisea sounds very similar.
I'm using MHDT Havana as well, my friend who owns PS Audio digital linkIII came to my house one day, after hearing my Havana, he said PS Audio produces incerdible details, which he said sometimes it was too much, sometimes he got tired of all those details(but gives u the upgrade bug). Secondly he said, PS Audio brings power to bass in all kind of music, if you are into bass.
His reaction on Havana was,,the sound is so real, so true to the timbre, u don't have to "imagine" a drum kit, just close your eyes then u "believe" the drum kit is in front of you kind of realness. Havana is also a lot more analouge sounding than PS Audio, which is more musical sounding to me and my friend agreed.
I haven't heard Paradisea either but i heard Havana's much better in details.
Here's my take on these 2 techonologies: I used to listen to CDP that has upsampling DAC built in, and PS Audio would be a top notch upsampling dac u could ever get, the way upsampling deals with details is separating all the sound. It becomes so easy to focus on one instrument.
Havana uses non-oversampling technology, which gives more coherent sound. Some said it doesn't have the detail, being a musician myself i can feel more soul with havana, for me that's the sort of "detail" i like, call me old school if u like but i think young kids are missing out the ambient of the room that was recorded in, the movement of the performers. I'm sure 10k upsampling CDP produces that no problem, but just imagine what 10k non-oversampling can do compare to that.
karmatogdral
Thanks for the great comments and info! I have a Paradisea+ on the way that I'm going to give a spin. I was thinking about the PS Audio, and I'm sure it's a great DAC, I just got intrigued by the MHDT DAC and the NOS school of thought. I also like the idea of the tube buffer stage. We'll see how it flys in my system....
OK, had some opportunity to listen in earnest to the Paradisea... Not quite sure that I understand comments that I see about NOS DAC's "not having enough detail", that doesn't seem to be the case here. I've had a couple of oversampling/upsampling DAC's and I'm not discerning this difference. Maybe the rest of my system doesn't have the resolving prowess to hear that difference, but I kind of doubt it.

What the Paradisea NOS DAC does is to get the fundamentals right. The midrange is now beautifully fleshed out on digital material like never before and I still hear all of the top end and "air" that I've experienced with other OS DAC's, but the overall sound is much sweeter! My gut tells me that the Paradisea is perfect for those of us looking for musical performance over other parameters. Think I'll keep this puppy for a while. As of today, I'd say my next DAC upgrade would probably be to the MHDT Havana, and not another OS DAC... I'm impressed!
congradulations, now u r listening to music, not hi-fi! I'd say MDHT not as detailed in terms of quantity of details(compared to upsampling), as for the quality of detail, i think one needs to spend 3 times the price to beat MHDT.
Do you like the stock tube(GE 5670)? I find the stock tube very smooth, perfect for classical, with jazz and rock, i prefer tung sol tubes(more dynamic), the 50's WE tubes have top notch sound, tons of details, if you'r into that sort of thing.