who needs a cd player anymore

I have not used my 2 cd players in over a year and i don't miss them. I have a krell kid ipod player, msb ilink and wadia i170 all ipod based. The real advantage is not having to search though hundreds of cd and wasting time on finding songs. On one ipod touch 32 GB i have over 3,000 itunes plus songs on it. On my other ipod i have apple lossless music only. My point when you lose your cd player and go to a music server, ipod etc. you can enjoy so much more music and thats what its really about.
usarmyvet91
Eastein 5 billion downloads from itunes thats amazing. I know i have downloaded over $500 worth of ituens plus myself this month, that tells you something right their. The future of music is in downloads and high end companys must realize this or they may not be around. Ask yourself this most of the highend audio companies think the ipod is just a device teenagers listen to music via headphones or background music. These teenagers will become future audiophiles one day. High end audio companies should come out with a true high end ipod player or transport ok the wadia i170 is a giant step and wadia has sold quite a bit of these gems. Krell i give them credit they have the kid, i have one and it's very good how good well it replaced my bel canto cd-2 in my second system. I think their is this misconception that ipod can't serve as your main 2 ch setup. I can think of the krell kid as the only true high end player out their and no i would not use the kid in my main 2 ch system however its smokes alot of the cd players out their cost 2x or 3x its price. We need companies to come out with real high end players. Not to change the subject but i bought my niece an ipod touch and she is only 4yrs old and she loves for me to download her fav music mostly hannah montana and the jonas brothers music. Yes their still be the dinosaur cd players out their but it will be on ebay. Yes i do think that their are great cd players out their but their will be a time when we are talking whats the best ipod player out their in the 5k to 10k budget. I did not start this trend to put down cd players or people who have them. I have a ml 390s and yes i love it, i was just trying to put my thoughts on where i would like the future to be.
I forgot to mention that itunes plays such a big role in how we get out music. I am so happy to see most of itunes have gone to itunes plus. Just think when itunes plus comes out with some sort of hd music downloads for your ipod now we are getting somewhere.
Eastein how do you access your entire library through wifi? What app do you use?
Synthfreek, check out Simplify Media

http://www.simplifymedia.com/

Another cool feature is that you can invite up to 30 people and share their libraries as well
Usarmyvet91, yes, I have tried the wadia and have listened to it in other systems as well. Wonderful product. But it is not the same as my Naim CDX2. It is convenient, the attributes you speak of in your initial post were about convenience, not sound quality or musical experience. I pick my music carefully. I am also a fan of the old idea of a well produced "Album", not just a bunch of individually picked songs. I will say though that I rarely will listen to music as background noise, when I listen, that is usually all I am doing and I pick my music carefully from a know library I have put together, so convenience is not all that important. Other people have other tastes, that is fine to. But the Ipod has just not caught on in my system. Great idea though.