American made USB DAC's

I am going to build a music server using a Mac Mini and I'd like to know about some of the American made USB DAC's out there. I'd like to stay around $1000 or so, new or used. Any thoughts? The rest of my system consists of a pair of Magnepan 3.6R's, Modwright KWA150 amp and Modwright LS 36.5 preamp.
zippyy

Find a used or refurb'd iRoc Ultra Fi... very nice and works well with a variety of system types...

jmo...

:) listening,

Ed

Be careful dealing with Ultra Fi. I got one of their USB DACs on demo and the owner Larry Moore refused to return it for a refund as agreed, I tried to call and email with no response and was even told by his "brother" when I called that he was in South America for an indefinite amount of time and could not be reached.

Gordon of Wavelength on the other hand is a real great guy, helpful and makes a great and beautiful product. I owned the Cosecant and it sounds great.

A great non American product is the MHDT labs products. I have the Paradisea + and the Constantine DACs and they both offer world class performance at a cheap price.
I second the Wavelenght dac, I have a Brick also and its great, Gordan is a great guy and make the best dacs IMHO. He has a new dac out or soon to be out that cost 900.00 and does 24/96. Greg
Has anyone done a/b comparison of Wavelength/Apogee mini/Benchmark/Nixon dacs? Can anyone comment on sonic profile of these vs. my Musical Fidelity Trivista21 dac?

Seems like a few threads have characterized the Benchmark as on the drier/detailed side, the Nixon and other NOS dacs as more "analogish" with good PRAT and perhaps less resolution in exchange for more forgiveness. How would you characterize the Brick,Apogee and MDHTs relatively speaking? Cheers,
Spencer