Wadia 9

Hi guys,

I've a problem that my Wadia 9 remote control can not call out the "Video mode" or "Audio mode" according to user manual...!
Whenever I press both "Time Base Correction" buttons on the remote control, the Wadia 9 display only shown either "Time base corrected" or " Input Signal Level 1". Even after I've done the plug & unplug(so called power up reset)of the power plug, still the same!
I'm very sure that I'm now listening to " Video mode" instead of " Audio mode"...!
Anybody out there can give me some advises how to fix it?

Your reply would be much appreciated...!
hifi_ohlala
After my very hard research with my own money(Bought another Wadia 9 to compare). The answers to my Question as follow :
There are 3 chips (one big & two small which next to the AT&T cpu chips)inside the digital circuits board. My Wadia 9 chips are 450015-002 x 1 & 450016-002 x 2.( which I can not call out "Video mode" or "Audio Mode" according to the user manual). And the other Wadia 9's chips are 450015-004 x 1 & 150016-004 x 2.( which can call out all those "modes" according to the manual). After I've replaced my "old" chips with these "new" chips (need to pay for some engineer to duplicate that with special equipment). Then the sound quality is match its original price. And my "old" Wadia 9 sound quality was just match some few hundred dollars CD player.
I hope all other Wadia 9 users better check their internal chips series number. Otherwise you may end up paid a lot but got a little from this great DAC.
Cheers....
Hi Hifi_ohlala

After reading your post in the forum, I found that the information was actually very useful. Previously, I owned a Wadia 8+15, but now i have sold it. After selling it, I realised this was a mistake and wanted to buy Wadia 9. I was just wondering how or where to obtain the right chips in Wadia 9.

Many thanks
MingMa
Hi MingMa

You just double check the internal chips numbers as per my perious post. If you get the old chips, you may ask some electrician to duplicate from other latest version chips from other Wadia 9. Because, Wadia not supply those chips any more...! I've done that before for my Wadia 9.

Hope that help...
Cheers,