Bowers and Wilkins B&W 705 speakers_questions.

Hello,
I recently acquired a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 705 speakers, in rosenut finish.

I already have a B&W CMC center (in rosenut) that I had with a pair of rosenut CM2s…however, those 2 speakers are no longer in my possession.

Therefore, for the time being, I can use the CMC with the 705s.

However, as I can be patient and wait for a better-paired center to appear on the market, what is the best B&W center to use with the 705s? A single 705? An HTM7 or some other HTM center?

In addition, could you kind people provide some suggestions for a good AVR to use with these? I would like an AVR for budget reasons; because while the primary use for these will be music, occasionally I will watch TV/DVD/Netflix; and because I know nothing about (nor can I afford) “separates”. I assume the AVR will need to have HDMI, correct?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for a good AVR and the appropriate center.

Thank you.
venessian
"Therefore, for the time being, I can use the CMC with the 705s."

There's no reason why you can't use it. It should be a good choice.

"In addition, could you kind people provide some suggestions for a good AVR to use with these? I would like an AVR for budget reasons; because while the primary use for these will be music, occasionally I will watch TV/DVD/Netflix; and because I know nothing about (nor can I afford) “separates”. I assume the AVR will need to have HDMI, correct?"

Given your speakers, I would just wait and get separates when you have the money. A receiver good enough to properly drive your speakers will be expensive anyway.
A closer matching center for the 705s would be from the CDM series: either a CDMCNT or CDMCSE.

You didn't specify a budget, so can't make any solid recommendations for associated gear.

The absolute perfect match for a center is a single 705. Next choice is the HTM7, which was designed as the timbre matching center for the 700 series. Since you say you are patient and have a decent matching center, it makes no sense to waste time and/or money to just try something else. Wait for the single 705 or HTM7.

As far as AVR, need to know budget, and new or used.
Maybe I have a slightly different perspective on the AVR. 705's are more forgiving in my experience than the 805's by a long shot. Try a top of the line Yamaha, intrgra, or especially any Arcam AVR. Should be pretty good match. I listened to the 705's once with an Arcam Solo and they sounded good, 805's with the same amp, not so much.
HTM7 no doubt IMV. You an find them on EBAY for very nice price. Get a moderately priced AVR with lots of features (Onkyo). Will not be your last.