Sound Lab vs Magnepan 20.7

I owned Sound Labs back about 2005. I loved them: enter divorce... not related.
Now a decade later remembering those monsters I'm wondering how they compare with the Maggie 20.7. I realize the technical differences, but still am aware of their relative strengths. Just wondering if one of our more articulate brethren on here can sum up the differences and who wins?
Thanks.
Larry
lrsky
Rleff,
I've gone back and forth a lot on this. I am pretty much decided on the Magnepans. Reason. Money. I'm sure they're not as good on the overall, but at way more than twice the price...
Hope I don't regret it.
Tune in next week, I may be seduced by the 'Dark Side'.
Larry
The dark side would that be David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright playing in your living room on 20.7s?
Going completely off the reservation here. After reading for months about the Legacy Aerius Loudspeaker--raves about transparency bass thru the floor etc. And, even comparisons to the best 'Panels' in terms of resolution--just one more compulsive question, anyone out there that's heard this short list of SL's Maggies and Aerius?
Larry
While the Legacy Aerius are fine loudspeakers, I do not find them to be at all comparable to Sound Labs or Maggies. The Aerius are fine box speakers, but do not 'float the sound in air' the way that a fine panel speaker does. I also do not find them to be as seamless or transparent. I prefer the true ribbon Maggies, either the 3.7 or 20.7 to the SLs, but that is strictly a matter of taste and space. The really large SLs are awesome, but they are just too large for most normal size non-dedicated listening rooms. I also prefer the high end of the Magenpan true ribbon, as the finest reproducer of its kind I have ever experienced. Of course, YMMV applies!
Thanks Bill.
Amongst all the reviewers' hyperbole and exaggerations, is the truth from a relatively unbiased audiophile.
From your post it appears that you may own the Maggies. So, thanks for the input.
Larry