Brass screws make a real difference on Dunlavy s ?

As some of you know, I have just about every model speaker John Dunlavy ever designed. I've tried a few tweaks, but never replacing the standard driver attachment screws with brass ones. I've read some posts that it really does make a difference, but before I make a run to the hardware store, I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thanks in advance!
brauser
I'd just call keeping drivers firmly attached a good idea and leave it at that. Not worth cutting hairs about.
If you cut all those hairs its called good grooming. In this case better sound. All in the details leads to more and better detail. Tom
FWIW I'd call tightening things up maintenance and changing screws a tweak.

The difference is the first is very well likely to result in an audible change to the sound whereas the second is a tougher call, especially if things were not nice a tight to start with.

Not much more to it than that unless someones is still sure the difference they hear/heard is due to changing alone.
I don't think there's any doubt about brass screws sounding better than steel ones. It's not like there hasn't been tons of discussion about this particular tweak for years. Get with the program.
From what I recall about this subject from a few years ago is that brass doesn't resonate as much as steel. Hence their popularity as footers and speaker points and such.