Brass screws make a real difference on Dunlavy s ?

As some of you know, I have just about every model speaker John Dunlavy ever designed. I've tried a few tweaks, but never replacing the standard driver attachment screws with brass ones. I've read some posts that it really does make a difference, but before I make a run to the hardware store, I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thanks in advance!
brauser
Good question(s) Foster. What I noticed was a modest amount of additional transparency. It is the sort of improvement you get when using a good CD cleaner or beveling the edge with a lathe. Last night was fun using some very familiar high def CDs as reference, and then applying most all my standard tweaks in addition to the tightened screws. I have never heard the reference two channel system sound better. This evening I plan to do the same sort of thing to the reference HT room to see if similar improvements are found. I will post the results.
Foster--in my case the bass was better defined, the sound a little more transparent as a result. Not earthshaking, but noticeable.

When people wonder "Why don't more people love (high end) audio?" threads like these are exhibit A. Audiophiles don't get a nutty reputation out of nowhere. ;-)
Wait a minute...are you guys talking about re-tightening screws that were loose? Which would be like proclaiming that your car is less jumpy because you replaced the broken motor mounts...well, yeah, duh. Or are you saying that you're actually hearing better sound by over-tightening screws that are already properly seated, and you're tightening them beyond what the manufacturer's quality specs dictated?

If it's the former, nobody gets a trophy for discovering they get better sound if the drivers aren't about to fall out of the cabinet and crash to the floor. But I'm sure nobody would debate that...sorta goes without saying.

If it's the latter...are we to conclude that these speaker designers - keeping in mind that you guys aren't talking about white fan specials, but well-designed products from highly-respected manufacturers - put all that time into creating these fine products but only half-assed it when it came time to attach the drivers, and they'd have actually created better products if only they'd taken a minute and turned their screws a little further?

Have to be candid here...I can't read this thread without repeatedly checking the calendar to make sure it's not April 1.