Dunlavy SC IV A harsh high frequency

I have owned my SC IVA for many years. I replace the blown tweeters at least once a year. I know the original set were carefully matched at the factory but I can not duplicate the tecniques which John used in his shop to optimize response. The speakers sound glassy and I wonder if this is as a result of tweeters I have installed but would have been rejected by John. I have done a lot of work with room treatment,changing source, components, etc...
Are there any recommendations for fixing this issue?
Replace the Vifa tweeters with more expensive ones?
Thanks
128x128shumi
Agree with Rja and Brauser about blowing tweeters; I had Duntech Princesses (another Dunlavy design very similar to the SC IVs) for 12 years and never blew any drivers, and I played them plenty loud. I also would like to know what electronics you're using.
I have blown my woofers through a DC pulse, but never heard of blowing tweeters. Something must be sending a high frequency burst or you have an intermittent short, but I doubt that. You might want to post a question about how your tweeters could be blowing here on Audiogon and get feedback from more than Dunlavy fans.