BMC PureVox Feedback

Hi all,

Looking for feedback from anyone who's heard the BMC PureVox, even if it's just a listening session at a dealer and you didn't actually buy them. I thoroughly searched the archives, but I think only one person has commented about them previously, as of mid-2014.

Not concerned so much with how deep they go, more with how well they've implemented the Heil AMT drivers and how smooth and sweet the top end sound is.

I did a listening session yesterday, heard the B&W 805Di, Proac D30R, and Wilson Benesch Vertex, using Nordost cables, Line Magnetic CD player and ARC VSi75 amp, and to mine and my wife's ears the Vertex sounded the best of the three. I guess given the price point, maybe that shouldn't have surprised us as much as it did, but I had gone in expecting the Proac D30R to be our favorite. In a perfect world, I would get to now compare the Vertex to the BMC, but there's no BMC dealer in my state so that won't happen.

So I'm fishing for input. If you've heard the BMC AND the Wilson Benesch together, that would be even better, but I'd settle for just comments on the PureVox. Thanks in advance.
128x128bcgator
Just one bump, to see if anyone here has any experience with the BMC PureVox. Search of the archives produced a couple of hits, but all previous comments from just one person. I figure there has to be a 2nd person that's heard them. My closest dealer is 5 hours away, and they don't have them in stock, so I can't listen to them myself.

As mentioned previously, my reference points are Wilson Benesch Arc & Vertex, B&W 805 diamond, and Proac (both D2 and D30R), so those are the brands I'd be looking to compare against / improve upon / upgrade from. Thanks in advance.
Have you ever heard the Raal ribbon tweeter? It's supposed to be one of the best tweeters on the planet. Are the Benesch speakers around 7 grand? I think there may be a few speakers for way less money that could perform as good as these, if your willing to order from a smaller direct company, or buy used.
Guess I am late to your party!
I am familiar with Wilson Benesch and have also heard a full BMC Purevox with C2 and the mid-width sized DAC a few times at the dealers.

The WB Arc is a bit long in the tooth... And popped came the Vertex with semisphere tweeter. It is a good pair of speakers and you and wifey like it.

On the other hand BMC PureVox punches mid-range and down, better in my opinion. There is more "weight" in the music. And what's more I personally like AMT tweeters. (There is a trend there that most German brands like AMT tweeters on their speakers... I don't really know why but it is just so.)

Both Vertex and PureVox like powerful amps behind them, and I don't think you can go wrong with either, just that I think the PureVox has more "fireworks/flamboyance" in the sound. Tough choice!