RUNNING POWERED SPEAKERS FROM AN IMAC

Hello all:
What am I missing here? How would I go about using my powered speakers, Kantos i pair 5's with my iMac? They have s video and rca jacks etc. but the iMac has only a headphone jack and usb ports. Is there a way to do this? I no longer need these speakers in a home office and would love to repurpose them in the computer room.
Thanks for any suggestions!
audiowoman
Well got the new cable from Monoprice - it looks and feels more substantial than the Radio Shack one - unfortunately, the static is still there! Very frustrating.
On a happier note, got the latest version of the Audioquest Dragonfly and am really liking this. When you play music, the static is not really noticeable which is nice. Once you start scrolling the internet, static is back...

By the way is there a way to use the Dragonfly with headphones and iPhone at all? Seems I read that the iPhone doesn't have enough power, but using a powered hub would do the trick - anyone do this?

Thanks for all your help on this folks.
Audiowoman,
I'm happy to hear you like the Audioquest Dragonfly.
Why don't you phone the place you purchased it from and let them advise you regarding your questions above? I'll bet they get those questions all the time.
I recommend you try Audirvana Plus playback software, made specifically for the Mac. You can try it for free for a couple of weeks. Learn how to use it to turn off other computer functions that compete with the music playback, and dedicate some RAM to buffer the music stream. This may reduce or eliminate the clicking and give you an overall better sound.

You will probably feed a cleaner data stream to your Dragonfly via USB with this, and even a Nirvana-decoded analog feed direct from the computer will sound better than iTunes on its own.