RUNNING POWERED SPEAKERS FROM AN IMAC

Hello all:
What am I missing here? How would I go about using my powered speakers, Kantos i pair 5's with my iMac? They have s video and rca jacks etc. but the iMac has only a headphone jack and usb ports. Is there a way to do this? I no longer need these speakers in a home office and would love to repurpose them in the computer room.
Thanks for any suggestions!
audiowoman
The dragonfly most likely will provide better sound, but it also seems as though you have dirty or damaged headphone jack on the laptop. Cleaning could help, but it's also possible reasonably the noise you are hearing is from an intermittent connection at the headphone jack. Those little 1/8" jacks are easily damaged, especially if you've used the headphones much and stressed that connection by yanking, pulling, tripping over, whatever, the headphone cable.
Actually the headphone jack on the iMac has rarely if ever been used prior to this
try a pair of headphones connected in that jack. is there still static?

or, it may be a faulty headphone jack on the imac...
Well, just tried my Momentums in the headphone jack - clear as a bell. Put the RCA/3/5mm cable back in with the powered speakers and the static is back.....could it be that my lovely Radio Shack cable is faulty???
Yes, it could be. Sounds like you diagnosed the problem :) Still look into that dragonfly. For the $, it's a solid improvement