RUNNING POWERED SPEAKERS FROM AN IMAC

Hello all:
What am I missing here? How would I go about using my powered speakers, Kantos i pair 5's with my iMac? They have s video and rca jacks etc. but the iMac has only a headphone jack and usb ports. Is there a way to do this? I no longer need these speakers in a home office and would love to repurpose them in the computer room.
Thanks for any suggestions!
audiowoman
not sure if the outboard dac will fix your static issue but it might be worth a try and it will definitely improve the sound quality. if you have a high end dealer by you see if they'll let you try the dragonfly for a day or two, if not, see if they have a return policy, if not, buy one from audio advisor and return it if you don't like it :)

Im not savvy to computer audio... Is there a way to turn the volume up to the maximum level on the computer side and then use the speakers volume control to adjust the volume?
I did read on the Apple forum where making sure that the powered speakers are plugged into a different outlet than the iMac can be helpful. I tried this but it really didn't make any difference. I also read about using an RCA ground loop isolator, not sure exactly what that is. I do plan to try the audioquest dac as I would appreciate even better sound and hopefully that will take care of my static issues as well.
I did my homework before I purchased the original DragonFly. When the version 1.2 come out I picked that up also. I'm not saying that other Dac's aren't good, but I really enjoy the music from the DragonFly 1.2 (as small and puny as it is).

The DragonFly comes with directions that will walk you through how to custom set up your IMac for the best sound.

Music from my Audio Engine 5+ speakers and Sub literally sound as good and as dynamic as music comming from an expensive Audiophile system.

I spent a bit extra on interconnects and power cables also.
I'm stumped by the static issue. I've done setups like yours from several Mac laptops and an iMac and never had an issue with static.

When you say the static is "pretty much gone" when you're using the iPad mini it might indicate that the issue is with the headphone jack on your iMac. But if the static isn't completely gone I'm not sure if that's the problem.

You could try squirting some contact cleaner into the headphone jack on the iMac and plugging the mini-stereo cable into it several times to clean the contacts.

Or try switching from the wireless mouse to a wired mouse to see if interference from the wireless might be the problem. But if you still have some static using the iPad I'm not sure that would be a solution.
I tried it again and actually there is no static when I'm using the iPad. I'll try finding some contact solution and cleaning the headphone jack . I realize what I was hearing was the actual noise of the iMac itself as I was sitting in front of it when I had it plugged into my iPad. The noise really does seem centered around that headphone jack, and when I plug it back in there again I definitely get the static noise happening. Am I correct in thinking that if I use the dragonfly, this may beat as it will be plugged in via USB port?