Connect 78 rpm turntable to Vinnie Rossi L2i SE amp?

Hi, this is a very niche question and I'm wondering if anyone has advice: my wife, a filmmaker, needs to play some old 78 rpm records in order to decide which to digitize for a new project. The audio system is great -- built around a Vinnie Rossi L2i SE integrated amp -- but the setup is digital only and lacks a phono stage. The Vinnie Rossi stage costs $3500 and is supposed to be great but way out of her budget.  I know we could opt for one of those suitcase record players from our childhoods but I'm hoping for a solution that's better quality and ideally can be run thru the audio system.  I should add that I know nothing about turntables, so please be gentle! 

rbullock

That phono stage for 78's really intrigued me when I read about it in Stereophile. Wish I could remember more!

@jasonbourne71 Thanks much! The OP would still need a phono preamp. For under 500 bucks he can get the whole Kit and Kaboodle brand new! What you think?

Thank you all, this is hugely helpful! Apologies if this is a dumb question, but how would you connect the turntable to the amp (again, without the modular phono stage)?

You plug in the RCA cables from the table to the RCA inputs to the amp. Since that table has a phono stage you will not need to do anything else!

@yogiboy : what about phono equalization? 78's used a variety of different EQ curves! I wish I could remember the name of the phono stage with selectible EQ curves discussed in that Stereophile article! A modern era RIAA curve would be far from optimal for 78's.