Connect 78 rpm turntable to Vinnie Rossi L2i SE amp?

Hi, this is a very niche question and I'm wondering if anyone has advice: my wife, a filmmaker, needs to play some old 78 rpm records in order to decide which to digitize for a new project. The audio system is great -- built around a Vinnie Rossi L2i SE integrated amp -- but the setup is digital only and lacks a phono stage. The Vinnie Rossi stage costs $3500 and is supposed to be great but way out of her budget.  I know we could opt for one of those suitcase record players from our childhoods but I'm hoping for a solution that's better quality and ideally can be run thru the audio system.  I should add that I know nothing about turntables, so please be gentle! 

rbullock

Get an old Dual TT with the 78 speed. I remember reading in Stereophile years ago about a phono stage/equalizer dedicated to optimize 78 playback. Might have been written by the late Art Dudley. Check the Stereophile archives. Grado makes stylii for 78's - get one with a Grado mono cartridge.

I found a Dual 1214 on eBay that might work. Seller cindedward-4 in New Hampshire has one for $119 + $35 shipping. I sent a message asking if it has the 78 speed. Awaiting a reply.

@yogiboy +1! I see you beat me to the finish line! Good work! I still like the idea of using a vintage Dual with the 78 speed!

That phono stage for 78's really intrigued me when I read about it in Stereophile. Wish I could remember more!