Level adjusting speaker drivers

Sometimes when I listen to various things it would be nice to turn up mid and Tweeter levels, and also bass too.

The speaker gets the signal and then it's split between the drivers by the crossover's, but what about the individual levels hitting these drivers. Would it be worthwhile to have a means to increase or reduce these levels?

Anyone ever done this and what tool did you use?

emergingsoul

+1@fuzztone

A graphic equalizer, more commonly known as an EQ, is used to change the frequency response of selected sounds, such as particular instruments or vocals in an audio track. It can be used to enhance the bass, reduce the treble, highlight a saxophone, or just make your audio sound better overall. EQs can be used in home audio or live sound. An EQ can be connected to audio equipment or physical hardware, or it may be a program on your computer. Once you get a handle on the basic operation of your EQ model, you can use it to make simple audio adjustments, then get into more detailed audio fine-tuning. This wikiHow article teaches you how to use a graphic equalizer.

Unfortunately it's an indication that your loudspeakers are not cutting it. Even without any tone controls, all your music should sound great with no reason to adjust things.

A big pet peeve of mine—speakers without L-Pad control of driver levels.  It is simply amazing how much a speaker can be transformed or made to work well in a tough room by tuning it with such controls.  Yes, they can be incorrectly used and that will mess up the sound, and, it does take a lot of patience and practice to use controls correctly, but, I think they sre essential to getting the most out of a pair of speakers.  I would take such controls over any equalizer.