Increasing a Low output MM

Hi I have a low output MM cartridge.  I am looking at a low gain phono stage; a gift.

Is there anyway to increase the output of a low output MM cartridge?

Previous posts have suggested that a SUT will not work due to impedance changes produced by the SUT.  

Any other options, other a new cartridge?

Thanks

mdrone

Paradox phono-30 amplification is done via a pair of LSK170 JFET to providing 30dB gain and an external plug for loading your cartridge with any value resistor.

You would need a head-amp with flexible loading and gain options. The Hagerman Piccolo is perfect for this, and not too expensive either. The only potential hang-up is it lacks capacitive loading options, though technically you can play with cables for this. 

What is the gain of the line stage that you are using? You should add that to the 28db gain of the phono stage!

+1 for yogi and mulvie. No self-respecting MM phono stage would offer only 28db gain, is an editorial opinion. But if you love it, and if your linestage doesn’t help enough, add an upfront gain stage. Not a SUT.

If you are considering the Marcof, I would really recommend the PPA2 over the PPA1. More load options,better parts.  Not sure but we may still have some new. I would have to get by Ed's, but I believe we a a couple