The weirdness of it all

Power cables and power conditioning seem the next focus components.  While I struggle, as I'm sure many do paying premium for a chunk of wire, it seems that when done well, that chunk of wire is now an influential component in the chain allowing everything to shine.

I've slowly been upgrading all PCs with Furutech 4.1 with appropriate connectors and it has been nothing short of revelatory moving the needle of performance for the whole system.  I can liken it to completely refining a fuel injection system which in turn allows everything to work better producing better performance.

I've capped my insanity with the Furutech and do not see myself moving beyond that.  While certainly real capital, not hide the women and children capital like some products left unnamed.

celtic66

Some great posts here. I have to admit I have always steered to the middle of the road on cables. Always using a good quality, well constructed cables and interconnects as well as speaker cables. Nothing crazy and nothing that detracts from my system. Draw the line as power cables for sub's buy them on Amazon OFC stuff. 

@audphile1  That Furutech outlet is sitting on the floor awaiting install.  Already have a great Oyaide complete, but will do that.  Thanks

@recklesskelly 

Then you have some real treats in your future. I recommend try some high end cables from a local dealer or from the cable company. In general, I consider them to be components. “…good quality, well constructed… Nothing crazy” is a recipe for  wires that do nothing. 

My history is periodically getting some seemingly rediculously expensive interconnect or cord and scoffing at the idea this could possibly be worth it… until a minute into the audition when I was calling my dealer to order a pair… or two.

To prove it. Try an AudioQuest Hurricane on your amp. Speaker cables would be the other arena. If it doesn’t inspire a, “I can’t live without these”… then don’t buy them.

Sorry @ghdprentice barking up the wrong tree. Wasting your time and I am not wasting my money. Also did not ask for any recommendations or advice on cables. I simply made a statement where I come in on the great cable debate. Rather spend my money on music than marketing BS. 

I guess I misinterpreted your post. Ithought you had opened yourself up to new possibilities. Oh, well. Your loss, not mine.

More to discover