Modding the PS Audio Directstream DAC MK1 and MK2

I would like to continue discussing all the mods we have created for these two DAC's as it seems PS Audio is no longer allowing discussions about them on their forum.

For reference here is a link to the closed discussion.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/modding-the-directstream-dac-mki/2680

128x128richardselectronics

For the people who made the VCOM mod and Richars’ transforms, what % quality increment would you assign to each mod? I ask because I’m getting the caps for the VCOM mod but I still haven’t been able to buy the transformers, I’m using the 4400.

Can't give you a break down of the percentages of each mod, as I had Jeff install both mods for me. But I would estimate the percentage of both mods combined is easily a 50% improvement, but in terms of musical involvement and enjoyment, there's a night and day difference. Every parameter of the sound has improved. Considering the cost of the upgrades, even if you pay Jeff or someone else to install the mods, is a no brainer. 

I did the Vocm mod for a friend several months ago.  He liked it however he thought his Holo Audio Spring 3 DAC sounded better.

a couple months later I upgraded his Edcor XS4400 to our Nickel transformers.  He loves the MK1 now better than the Spring 3.  He raved about it for several weeks.