Don't sell your tube amps

Although this was an article in a guitar Magazine, I thought it might interest those who own stereo tube equipment:

https://www.premierguitar.com/gear/amps/dont-sell-your-tube-amps

128x128deadhead1000

I don't really care about tube life as long as it's longer than mine.  The tube equipment I use operates tubes very conservatively to extend tube life as much as possible.  My doctor does the same thing with me.

I own three tube amps and wouldn't consider selling them. I also own solid state amps, but find myself playing my tube amps more often. What I enjoy, other  than the sound, is ability to roll the tubes to achieve a more refined or different sound which you can't do with solid state amps. Just my two cents. 

Tubes will be around longer than many think. Same of the internal combustion engine and the gas range. This will all change once people start looking at the grid and electrical infrastructure. Will it all end one day? Yes, but not in our lifetimes or our children's or our grandchildren's.  

Yes, tubes will be around for a long time… but the internal combustion engine not so much. They are destroying our planet. The electrical infrastructure will be improved, the ICE will be banned… in the next thirty years… or our planet will become uninhabitable. 

We have been ignoring climate change for thirty years… the consequences are here.

@ghdprentice.....Correct, And , once you own an electric automobile...You just can't go back to owning a combustion engine...they will have Electrics going 500 miles soon and with thousands of new charging systems being added nationwide....it's only a matter of time.Now they have CAR SHOWS for antique cars, soon Car Shows will be for cars with Combustion engines.  PS. My Tesla is a Rocket Ship...soooo much fun to drive! I have 4 tube amps that I love and an Audio-GD HE1-XLR 10 tube preamp thats out of this world.....But my Aavik and Peachtree GaN 400 amps are just as sweet but with more detail...I guess ,  a Good Class D amp with a good Tubed preamp is like going from a gas engine to an Electric car......It's hard to go back!