Bass only when I stand up…

Weird experience.

Wired up my system and sit down in my office chair. The bass disappeared. Stand up, and alakazam, the bass is back full and wonderful. It’s like swimming in the sea, there are horizontal layers of different temperatures. Quite distinct.

Ok, system info:

Speakers - PMC MB2SE

Power amp - Marantz 8807

Preamp - Marantz 8005

Sources - Pioneer LX800 or N70ae

Room - carpeted, 4.27x5.5x2.75m, acoustic insulated plasterboard and timber frame

Shape? Left side where door is, has duct risers that create 800mm boxes either side of the door. I’ve tried attaching a photo but didn’t work. Try here: link

Speakers placed 600mm out from the 4.27 wall, with the opposite wall being a library and office desk.

Tried? Raising front and rear speaker stands 1” to point speakers up or down slightly with no effect.

I welcome ideas 💡 yet realize there are constraints here too.

128x128johnread57

No worries, bass traps were the end of the continuum of choices, not the start.  Moving your speakers was definitely the place to start, but if you could not  or if it wasn't enough then bass traps were next.

Glad you got it sorted.

Those that suggest it's speaker position are correct.  It's a common problem when the speakers and listening position are both 1/3 into the room.  

I suggest researching Dave Wilson's process of positioning speakers and listening positions.  It will also help you brush up on your public speaking skills.  

consider a ’swarm’. i’ve been in a 12’ x 12’ x 8’ very small room with great bass. when you look at the room no way it should work, but it does.

not cheap, cheap, but not crazy spendy either. cheaper than trying to build another room or find another house. and......drum roll please.....it actually works.

http://www.audiokinesis.com/the-swarm-subwoofer-system-1.html

I am _NOT_ suggesting the OP go this route, especially now that the issue has been solved, but the basic problem is one that lends itself well to satellites with subs. 

If you _must_ place the speakers in a sub-optimal location for the bass then maybe even just 1 sub while high passing the main speakers can work supremely better, assuming you have better luck with the sub locations.