Can This Really Matter?

I hear it again and again, everything matters in the digital chain. So I recently unboxed my new Bryston BDP 3 renderer and it’s connected to my Ayre QB9 Twenty USB DAC. I have a SSD inside a generic enclosure (with a fan) that will power up via bus. I have a twenty cent USB cable running from the SSD to the Bryston. So here’s the question, does the enclosure matter and does the cheap USB running between between the SSD and into the Bryston really matter? If so, it wouldn’t seem practical to spend much money on upgrading these accessories. And if so, what do you suggest?

goofyfoot

So, you've spent nice money on nice equipment? Of course, those things matter. I stream everything however so I wouldn't have much in the way of advice for a PC based source. Good cables DO make a difference.

I think your SSD is OK where it is. Of course you might get better sound with a dedicated audio server, but then you probably wouldn’t need the Bryston. The Bryston is probably made to optimize sources like yours. I agree a better USB cable is a good idea.