Ethernet opinions

Hello everyone, I finally got my system setup. I had a few setbacks the past few months. My mom had lung cancer and passed away a month ago. It has been a journey getting my system set up which is part of the fun. I am running Pass Labs XP-12, pass 250.8, and Bricasti M3. My original plan was to run the Bricasti with a EERO mesh network since the modem is on the opposite end of the listening space. Needless to say the EERO mesh would not work and Roon could not see my M3. I was on the phone with Bricasti trouble shooting the issue. I removed my M3 from the system and double checked everything with it hard wired to the modem which worked. I was told I could really use any Ethernet for the most part as long as it’s cat 5 or 6. Well, I returned the EERO and got a 25 foot Ethernet cable from Best Buy for 10 dollars. The sound is much better then I was guessing running a 10 dollar cable, for me it’s deff a temp fix. Especially since I bought two audio quest vodka cables. I am using one of them now connecting the room nucleus to the modem at the moment. I have read a bit about blue Jean cables which seem to hold spec. I don’t see me buying a longer Audio quest vodka cable given the cost. In some ways I feel like I spent more then I should have on the Vodka cables at this point. Opinions please ?

shtr74sims

@fredrik222 I got mine from a dealer off this site. I would most definitely do business with him again. It shipped directly from Bricasti. 

@shtr74sims I have a little experience at this ;)

And I'm sympathetic to the guys who want to improve their systems.   I want to do that too! And truly I don't care if guys want to spend money if something make them feel good.

But if you're interested in improving your sound, then I'm an advocate for actually attacking the problem, which is much more likely to be your listening room and source material than the quality of your ethernet cable or USB hub.

@shtr74sims everything matters especially at the level you’re playing at. There’s plenty of resolving power in those components to let you know what each change had added and taken away.