Modding the PS Audio Directstream DAC MK1 and MK2

I would like to continue discussing all the mods we have created for these two DAC's as it seems PS Audio is no longer allowing discussions about them on their forum.

For reference here is a link to the closed discussion.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/modding-the-directstream-dac-mki/2680

128x128richardselectronics

I'm curious about the heat issue.  I know having the external power supply will reduce the heat issue but how do we obtain the parts to use the external power supply?   Thanks!

I am interested in this Mod', I have only learnt of this option today, even though I have seen in the past other references to a Transformer and Fuse exchange.

Is there a Ballpark Figure that can be supplied for the purchasing of all the necessary parts required for the full Upgrade?

I am only a few years into taking a Digital Source seriously and commenced using it in conjunction with the long-term used Analogue Source. I took to digital as duck does to water, and there is no conflict between the hard media types when used in my system, each are embraced for their merits.

At present I use a PS PWT MkII > Bespoke Built Valve DAC, and have been interested in having a SS DAC as a option as well. I have been demonstrated SS DAC's up to a value of £5000ish, in systems I am familiar with and not familiar with, but have yet to discover one that has really made the idea of a Home Demo' seem worthwhile.

Maybe not of too much interest to this thread, but during some of the DAC Demo's there has been the use of different hook up methods and during the short periods of trials, I always seem to prefer the Coax Cable over others used.  

The method under discussion for Mod's does seem to produce a DAC that is competitive with high price tag models for a reasonable cost, as well as offer a further option for a DAC to be used when carrying out Streamer > DAC investigation, which is yet to take place. For this reason my attention is captured. 

Having a DirectStream MK1 that's really cool.  I'm interested in the upgrades but have been unable to locate any contact information regarding.🙄