where and how to find blank "music" CD's

I recently came into possession of a TEAC LPR 400 turntable that can copy vinyl to CD. The problem is that apparently, I need RIAA (recording industry of America) approved music CD's and not the data CD's that are more common. The music CD's have a flag embedded in them that the manufacturer paid royalties to RIAA for lost revenue. Does anyone know where to get them, and/or how to tell the difference between the two if you are on ebay or similar site? 

tomsstereo

Blank CD discs are generic and there is no distinction between writing audio or data onto them. There are two types of writable blank CD discs, and your Teac is compatible with both:

• CD-R (CD Recordable) ...
  • CD-RW (CD Rewritable) ...

You are mistaken. The OP has a consumer grade CD recorder that requires discs made specifically for the purpose. The recorder will not write to data-grade CDs, by design. The proper discs will be labelled for music. Notice how Maxell labels its products:

Verbatim disc are labeled the same, indicating for music. I tested this morning recording to a Verbatim data-only blank CD from my desktop PC and it worked fine. 

@cleeds...is 100% correct.  I've had a Harman Kardon CD recorder since the day it came out.  

You MUST use "Music" or "Audio" labeled CD blanks.

Desktop and Laptop computers use different blanks than the standalone CDR machines do.

@moofoo From. Your. Desktop. PC. 

This is a wholly separate use case from OPs question. Way back when manufacturers wanted to release components that could record CDs without the use of a computer, the RIAA had what’s called “a hissy fit.”

See, it’s perfect digital copy. Not only had that never been possible previously meaning you could only copy of a copy of a copy so many times before the recording became unlistenable, when that first generation copy was made the record industry didn’t make a red cent on it. 

So after long threats of lawsuits that risked both sides, they agreed in compromise. The RIAA would allow a digital copy to be made once on these devices with drastically lower complexity for the consumer. They would minimize losses of revenue through a pre-paid license cost to be put onto the recording medium itself. So Music Only CD blanks cost a few cents more to abide by this agreement. That way the manufacturer wasn’t inhibited in selling devices, RIAA got their money, and consumer at least had access to some kind of use case.

I think it’s funny that they are still around - any avenue to try and rebuild the monies lost through home recording apparently will stand the test of time, even if the whole world has moved to a phone apps. 

hope this helps.