Advice on speaker replacement

Greetings all. Audiophile wannabe here. Champaign taste on champale budget.

Seeking advice on a possible speaker purchase. I know some will say I should be on the walmart advice to the love-lorn but I'm hoping some may lend an sympathetic ear and offer some saje advice. I'm a 75yo male with some hearing compromise. Bass and mid are ok but anything over 10khz  is gone. 

Current (modest) system: Yamaha R-N500 receiver, Technics SL-1200 MK2 with Ortofon 2M red, Sony UBP-X800 M2 Blueray/CD player, KEF Q300 speakers with a HSU VTF 1 sub. The sub is wired and good to 25hz+/- 2db.

Living in the St Louis metro, which has become a Audio store desert, I'm really not able to listen to much outside of Best Buy. There is one high end store but their equipment is out of my price bracket.

Based on many hours of online searching and looking at spending in the $1500-2k range I have picked out several candidates. KEF r3 (on sale for $500 off) or possibly LS 50 Meta. KLH 5, Wharfdale Linton or Klipsh RP 600 MII.

My room is 18dx13wx8high. Hardwood floor and sheetrock walls. Area rug and couch with a few wall hangings. Primarily want to listen to Amazon Ultra hd and occasional LP. My other purchase is probably going to be a blusound node 2i for streaming. Right now I'm stuck with Airplay. Thoughts?

128x128llg98ljk

I think I've made a decision. After countless runs through available resources, I messaged KEF with several questions. To my surprise, an actual human being from KEF called me Friday and we had a great discussion about several options, and he relayed his personal experience with several products that he used at home.

I am strongly leaning towards the LS50 Meta wireless system. It is some above my initial budget but looking at it as an end game purchase, I received WAF to proceed. I know some may think it's too small for my room but he assured me that the LS50 series is more than up to the task even if I got the non-powered version and used my Yamaha receiver.

Is my decision swayed by the fact that someone from KEF took the time to call me and have a relatively lengthy conversation with me? You bet I am. That is a refreshing occurrence in this day and age.

So, the jury is in and money has changed hands. I deviated from my original plans and ended up buying a pair of KEF r3 Metas and a Bluesound Node 2i,

Being a member of the cheap "audiophile" club, I scored a pair of open box KEF r3s and a factory refurb node with an as new warranty. Overall savings of about $400.

I've been busy since the speakers arrived Thursday, so I have not had much of a chance to evaluate them other than hooking them up to make sure they make sounds. First impression, huge difference from my Q300's. Big, open sound and huge clarity. Can't wait to put some miles on them this coming week and break them in.