Some more modern jazz piano trios

Since discovering Christian Pabst several years ago, I've been slowly expanding my catalog of good contemporary jazz piano trios. Among these include the absolutely fantastic Triosence and the equally melodious Yuko Mabuchi Trio. An older artist still putting out immaculately played and recorded albums is Steve Kuhn and his trio.

Any other suggestions?

128x128simao

More...

Ayumi TanakaTrio - Subaqueous Silence / Lots of space and atmosphere on this one.

Bobo Stenson has several trio recordings on ECM, from the early 90's up through the present. All are quite good.

Tord Gustavson also has several excellent trio recordings on ECM.

Joanne Brackeen - Special Identity, Keyed In, / With Jack DeJohnette and Eddie Gomez. In the early 80's, she had a quite unique approach to her playing, but then she just fell into recording way too many albums of 'standards'. Yawn...

Phronesis on Edition Records are fantastic. 

Check out their album ‘Alive’. 

Great thread.  Thanks to all.  I'll be back with a suggestion or two. Just started listening to Christian Pabst. My oh my....

Surprised no mention of the great Fred Hersch.  Check out his trio recordings for some beautifully introspective playing.