MHDT Labs DAC: Havana or Paradisea+ ?

How do they compare ? I read a lot about the Paradisea and Constantine but what about the Havana ?
williamredburry
I am currently an owner of the Paradisea (non-USB version) and I absolutely love it. It's musical performance is just spectacular with my Accuphase.

From people who have upgraded to the Havana, so far I have heard nothing but positive feedback. Here is a review that might give you some ideas:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pcaudio/messages/3/33069.html

High.

I've had the Paradisea+ for six months. As most who have heard this DAC will claim, ... I love it. It strikes a wonderful balance between detail, musicality and ease that works so great with my Grado RS1's.

That said ...

"Mouse," at MHDT labs was gracious enough to loan me a new Havana for this weekends Houston Head-fi meet.

I just got it today and even pre burn in (really just caps and fuse since it has no opamp) I'm noticing pretty dramatic differences over the Paradisea+.

Number 1: Significantly more detailed; could be a plus or a minus depending on your preferences. But the detail is several notches more with the Havana. This might have to do with the lack of an OPAMP.

Number 2: More "air" and space to the instrument seperation. Again, fairly substantial of a difference. This, of course, enhances the soundstage effect (which I personally sort of like).

Number 3: Technically as nit picky as I can be, ... the Havana is not as utterly smooth and seductive as the Paradisea+

The Paradisea+, though slightly narrower sounding and slightly less detailed, still possesses this unbelievable ease about the way it delivers the music.

On the flipside of that same idea, some folks would call the Paradisea+ sluggish or 'blurred' compared to the Havana.

The Havana is smooth as well ... just not quite as "buttery" smooth as the Paradisea+.

This very initial difference in the DACs could very well change once the brand new Havana has 200 or more hours on it (my Paradisea+ is pushing 1000 hours easy).

Anyway.

Just some thoughts ...
S1rrah great review. In a very detailed system such as mine, the Paradisea+ has an excellent synergy due to its "buttery" quality. I bought mine in like new condition a little over a year ago, so it also has more than a thousand hours on it now. Using the Bendix Redbank tube. What tubes did you use in your comparison?