Organizing music files - what tools to use

Hello all

Ok, so musicfiles, most of us have them and collect them. There is wav, flac, dsd for us musiclovers and for me that have several HDD with music, I need to find tools to create and keep a structure.

I´m thinking;

* Renaming all folders according to a good structure; what program do I need, what is out there and what are you guys using? How do you index all your music

* Album art; is there a program that can download all of this automatically?

* A program that can index all music files in a database, so I have one place to see my whole collection (different formats/releases). What is out there?

* I will only mention it, but it could be handled seperatly. Should I convert all files into wav or not?! It seems like most people prefer wav to flac. If yes, what the process in doing that, I got some info that the program that converters a flac-file back to wav is also important and can alter the sound.

Thanks a lot!

128x128melchor

You can try Jaikoz Music tagger. It is said to do everything you mentioned above. I am using it but I tend to do things manually. I copy album arts from Amazon most of the time. For folder structure and format conversion etc you could use MinimServer, it might be the best out there. For viewing, the LUMIN app is great. What server are you using?

After trying alf a dozen paid and free on windows and Linux I got very happy with Media Monkey

This is particularly a pain with Classical Music, and the main reason that I am loath to discard CDs after ripping them