Distinctly Digital Forever?

Something always made me believe that a decent tube preamp could "mellow" or "naturalize" the sound of digital sources. But this doesn't seem to be so. OTOH, maybe there are DACS out there that not only convert to analog, but actually make digital source components sound like analog sources? So, just to further my understanding: assuming price no object, does there exist any DAC, or DAC/Pre combo, capable of making my streamer (or the best streamer in existence, for that matter) sound indistinguishable from an FM radio signal, given each "playing" the same recording at the same volume with the same EQ?

hickamore

@hickamore

Lots of great choices in DAC’s….you’ll get more meaningful responses if you state your budget and the streamer your future DAC being paired. 

@erik_squires  Please let me never smell kenjity. If it weren't a question of interest TO ME, I wouldn't have mentioned it. What I asked was CAN it be done -- NOT "how can I improve" -- and @ghdprentice answered this to my full satisfaction. As to whether I personally can make digital sound more analog (please!) there are several useful answers which I am very plainly NOT ignoring! @lalitk the streamer I have, which is as far into streamers as I am likely ever to go, is the Aurender N200. All preamps are tubed with multiple connectivity. ARC 28 is next up, and that's likely where the preamp train will stop.

Aesthetix and Brinkmann and Lampizator ALL come to mind…. i own two outa three….

@hickamore I am certain based on your many posts of merit and insight you are serious. BTW the Pandora SIG feeds a REF5se and the Lampizator feeds an….. suprise… ARC SP-17…

Good on ya man