Distinctly Digital Forever?

Something always made me believe that a decent tube preamp could "mellow" or "naturalize" the sound of digital sources. But this doesn't seem to be so. OTOH, maybe there are DACS out there that not only convert to analog, but actually make digital source components sound like analog sources? So, just to further my understanding: assuming price no object, does there exist any DAC, or DAC/Pre combo, capable of making my streamer (or the best streamer in existence, for that matter) sound indistinguishable from an FM radio signal, given each "playing" the same recording at the same volume with the same EQ?

hickamore

@ghdprentice, given your absolute top-end system, I can readily accept that your digital stream sounds as natural as your analog side. This assures me that yes, it CAN be done. But can it be done at, say, half the expense? I note that the ARC DAC 9 is upsampling (as is my DAC), while @jgoldrick and ​​​​@soix recommend R2R DACs which I have never auditioned but are nearer my intended budget. Also recommended for my lesser Aurender model has been the T+A DAC 200 whose technology I don't pretend to understand.
Thank you for the sobering insight that DAC upgrade may be moot if I ALSO need a streamer at the W20SE level. If that's the case then I must simply continue treating digital & analog reproduction as the two different sonic experiences they have always been (for me).  

I am sorry if you feel I have suggested that you must purchase a W20SE. But, I think you said something about making the best streamer sound great. I assumed you were saying you had a top tier streamer. Well, then to get the most out of it you need a top quality DAC… and preamp, and amp.

None, of this stuff is absolute. I have owned $1K streamers and $1K DACs… and $3K, $5K, $10K etc. This is not a yes or no thing. You get closer to what you want by careful choice and greater investment. So, the take away should be an individual streamer and DAC, at as high a level as you can afford that is compatible with your other equipment. If you would show us your system we could be more helpful.

This is kind of weird. The whole post. Smells.... kenjity.

Step 1.  Complain about a non issue....

Step 2.... ignore great advice....

and so on and so forth.

@hickamore

Lots of great choices in DAC’s….you’ll get more meaningful responses if you state your budget and the streamer your future DAC being paired. 

@erik_squires  Please let me never smell kenjity. If it weren't a question of interest TO ME, I wouldn't have mentioned it. What I asked was CAN it be done -- NOT "how can I improve" -- and @ghdprentice answered this to my full satisfaction. As to whether I personally can make digital sound more analog (please!) there are several useful answers which I am very plainly NOT ignoring! @lalitk the streamer I have, which is as far into streamers as I am likely ever to go, is the Aurender N200. All preamps are tubed with multiple connectivity. ARC 28 is next up, and that's likely where the preamp train will stop.