Fender Blues JR IV or fender 94’ twin.

This is for home/music room playing. I’m not looking for any distortion or overtime. I want to play ambient guitar with some reverb and delays pedals. I think the 94 is too loud for a bedroom that I will not be able to enjoy it. Opinions???

Im getting rid of my current Orange Micro Dark head with PPC112 so I’m getting out of the rock/metal guitar playing.

asta17

I would look for a variable wattage amp - like the Supro Amulet 10 combo.

DeKay

Fender Deluxe Reverb or VOX AC30. The Twin Reverb is far too powerful, and has a very bright sound.

Not that this acoustic guy plays much electric guitar any more, but I’ve found electric guitar nirvana with my Carr Rambler. Yeah, the Pre-CBS Fender Vibrolux that I had for years gave me slightly better tone. But the Rambler is truly a honey of an amp. With either my custom shop Fender Telecaster or the Gibson Les Paul.

A couple of lines of the lyrics in "Memphis In The Meantime" by John Hiatt:

"Sure I like Country music, I like mandolins

But right now I need a Telecaster through a Vibrolux turned up to ten."

In case you don't have it, the song is on John's Bring The Family, imo one of the ten or so greatest albums ever recorded and released. Providing John musical accompaniment are Ry Cooder, Nick Lowe, and Jim Keltner. Geez, couldn't John afford a good band? ;-)

@bdp24 Thanks! Just Qobuzzed it up. I now feel worthwhile, not just some audio geek. Naturally I bought 'em both in the SFV. Norman's Rare Guitars. California Vintage Guitar & Amp. I can't remember which bought where.🙄