An interesting experience with power cable.

I’ve read a lot about power cables throughout the years and finally took a leap of faith and bought 1 silver-plated power cable. Of course I immediately plugged it in my amp and turn on everything for a listen. I could hear a tiny improvement but honestly was underwhelmed. I plugged the basic cable back into the amp. I plug the upgraded cable into my DAC for fun.

WOW, immediate and significant improvements. I gained a substantial amount of smoothness and sweetness and perceived clarity was also improved. I have alternate the upgraded power cable into the amp a few times, each time I get the same results, underwhelming, not as dramatic as if the cable went into the DAC.

So that was unexpected, I’m not saying power cable for amps are not significant. What I’m saying is, if you have only 1 upgraded power cable, the rest being stock basic, then plug it in your DAC, you might be surprised as well. Thanks for reading fellas.

Very curious to get a 2nd cable for the amp now.

128x128samureyex

Samureyex - This power cord looks to be a Kimber 8 TC - type speaker cable braid.  IF the strands are 15 gauge, 5 -15 ga strands together result in approx. 8 ga per leg.

I would be shocked if this was pure silver plated or OCC copper. 

These items are designed to look nice, be relatively inexpensive and, in some cases, plant the seed of  a popular brand via false labeling. 

As long as one is aware of this and choses to move forward, and likes the sound for the dollar spent, so be it.

These are the "specs" on the 8AG eBay cable. I would not use this for anything. Better off with an $90 Pangea with Cardas Copper.

• Material of Shielding/Insulator: Teflon
  • Color: Transparent/clear
  • Material of Conductor: Silver Plated High Purity OCC
  • Overall Outside Diameter: 11mm
  • There are 16 strands (Braid)
  • Diameter of each strand: 1.5mm (AWG 15)
  • Support to: Speaker, Power Cord, Amplifier
  • Plug: carbon fiber rhodium plated us plug/eu plug
  • length: buyer can be choose different length
  • package: one piece

Sorry, @macg19 , but I'm a little fuzzy this morning. To what in these specs do you object?

@terry9  Me too!

None, other than the grade of OCC isn’t described.

I looked it up because there were comments about about wire gauge being 8 when according to the listing it is 15.

I would not use this based on origin, no name brand etc.

Lak   Williewonka agree+1. My powercord recommendations for power amp Wisdom power cords   Audio Envy pc. For the price they are hard to beat. Both cables flesh out music like it’s nobodys business. The difference between the two the wisdom cable is more quieter and well made.The audio envy more colorful physicall and in sounds, they are fast. Jim from wisdom cable and Captain both are very passionate and easy to deal with?