what are your top "audio bargins" in your system history?

It is great to have all the money you need to have the best and endless upgrading.  But what about the components you've had that were inexpensive that turned out to be favorites of yours?

jusam

Mine wasn’t a component at all, it was the about the $98 or so I spent buying a fiber transmitter receiver and cable to install in the Ethernet line just before my bluesound node. Wow what a difference! If I’d spent 5 times that much it’d still be a bargain. Now I’ve upgraded to an Esoteric Network Player and still use the fiber. Still wow, just a bigger wow! 

I found a Pioneer Elite CD player at my local Goodwill store for 5 bucks, sure I spent 11 dollars on a remote on EBay but it’s still a great deal, thing is built like a tank

I would have to say my entire system except my DAC. Everything was acquired selectively used so I have great quality components for much less than retail price.

Krell Duo 300 XD found on Offer Up for $3,000.  Guy purchased a random pallet and just wanted to make his money back.  It was on its way back from the factory for an update.  The amp retails for $13K.  That re-kicked off my audiophile journey.  Got some open box Forte IV's from Safe and Sound for $3K ($5K retail).  Freya + for $600 ($900 retail), an SVS PB4000 sub for $700 ($1,800 retail), package deal for various Shunyata Research cables and Danafrips Ares II at well below retail from OfferUp.