Threshold Stasis S/150

I am considering purchasing the S/150 to drive the Vandersteen 2ci. Do you think the S/150 is enough to drive the 2ci? What I have heard is that the first 30 watts is in Class A mode. Thanks 

Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

I understand your analogy and you make a valid point but I don’t know the condition of the amp. It could be near mint or have some wear and tear, I don’t know but that is why questions has to asked. Would you by a car that is 30 years old with 30k, probably or tires that are new from way back when , probably.

@highend64 if you buy/use one of these 30 year old amps, the main power caps and bits regularly get replaced as others have mentioned. Has to do with age, not the condition of the amp alone. Check with different techs in your area, best of luck.

Ok let me be really clear here. The Threshold amps are a great piece of history. If you want history,,, this is what you want. If you want high performance sound quality,.. what is your budget, we will help you find high end sound quality… it is not going to be a 40 year old amp.

@ghdprentice 

I have not made a commitment on the amp yet. All I was asking if the Threshold was enough to drive the Vandersteen. My budget is less then 1.5k.