Decware and “The List”

So….this 

128x128eag618

I’ve been on the list for a tube buffer stage (Zbox) for almost 10 months. 
I don’t really think about it.  When it’s ready it’ll be a surprise. Not totally sure I’ll still need or want a tube buffer by then but that’s another story.

@grinnell You, you are the man.  This is not an easy catch.  I'm just curious, you looked every day for how long and what did you end up with?  Was it what you were looking for?  Was it on Audiogon or where did you find?  This can be a grail search and you found it.  Congrats. 

I waited about 9 months+ for a ZMA. It was worth it and then some. Everything said here is true: they are great to deal with, Steve is completely reachable and Sarah in customer service is terrific. My ZMA, coupled with a Backert Rhumba 1.3 drives my DeVore O96’s effortlessly and the ZMA sounds absolutely beautiful. Lots of tube magic and yet plenty of detail  and sparkle.

I have one of the new Zen TORII MK5 amps, that I went and picked up in person back in November of 2021, I originally ordered the MK4 and they had just come out with the MK5 so I instead got the MK5 from Steve, I only waited 11 months for the amp at that time.

It is a great amp, and I converse with Steve about different tubes all the time and he has been very helpful with choosing the tubes I use.

Their amps are definitely worth the wait and I will end up giving mine to my son when I can no longer enjoy listening to music (20 to 30 years hopefully).