help me choose between Audionet and Constellation Audio

I am looking for help with my decision between Audionet and Constellation Audio. Both would be the entry level models. The Audionet amp 1 v2 and the Audionet pre G3. The Constellation would be the initiation series. Amp 1.0 and the pre 1.0. I am currently using Bat 51se pre and 75se amp with Totem Wind Design speakers. I am trying to get a little more detail without being harsh. Not sure how else I'd describe the sound I'm hoping to achieve.

thanks for the help.

dpm2340

So, when buying gear in such limited circulation, it really becomes difficult to come up with a buying strategy. 

Comparing amplifiers to preamplifiers doesn’t seem, to me, to be a reasonable thing to do. This is especially true when you aren’t even discussing specific models.  I’ll be interested in the response to your question.  I get the impression, upon reading post here, that few people own Audionet gear, so how many can actually compare Audionet to Constellation?  When I look at @fastfreight system page, I doubt that there are many downsides to such high level gear….oh..other than cost.

Hello, @dpm2340  "so you're telling me the amps are better than their pres?"

Are you an investigative reporter? :)  Just kidding.

I am a huge Audionet fan, and now own the Stern and Heisenbergs. I believe strongly in the synergy between their amps and preamps.  So much that you see what I ended up with.  But I did not start there.  My first piece was the Pre 1G3.  I got it when my Classe Pre / pro crapped out for the third time.  So the Audionet Pre 1 went with my Classe amp.

It was as if a veil had been lifted. (I know ..these terms).  I decided there was something special going on.  So after a bit I jumped in and ordered the Pre G2 and the Max amps.  I was smitten.  compared to PS Audio high end, stuff with blue meters, Classe, Parasound, and all else I had heard, the Audionet combo blew them away.  And GTT Audio and Bill are great.

Today, in my second system, I still have the Max amps, but with the Mola Mola Makua preamp with internal Tambaqui.  Is this combo as good as the Pre G2 with separate Tambaqui?  Not quite, but still pretty special sounding and a cute preamp with internal DAC in my Family room vs the separates in my basement main room.

The amps simply sparkle and are much better than the Mola Mola Kaluga class D amps I had up there.  So in this instance, the Audionet amps pair superbly with another pre.

The Audionet amps and matching pre have wonderful synergy I think and it sounds best that way.  But if I could only start with one, it would be the amps.  My commitment to this is evident in my Stern preamp, when I only have one input (my DAC)!

We will always need and desire the best amps possible.  But the preamp is evolving,  Many nice preamps with internal DACs, as evidenced by my Makua with onboard Tambaqui, are now available.  Cute and pretty and organized.  But not so easy to upgrade if one wants a different DAC!

@vonhelmholtz there a couple of downsides to the Stern:  cost, placement, and required power cord and interconnects.  But sound quality is not amongst them!

Ok. We seem to be straying. I was first curious about who would choose one versus the other based on experience. Based on responses there are more audionet fans than constellation. I doubt you could go wrong with either. That is only an assumption on my part. Thanks for all input.

@dpm2340

If you are not a member on WhatsBestForum you might consider signing up and posting your question there as well to see if you get some additional input on both brands and your specific models in mind