Will a Chord Hugo 2 make a music streamer addition obsolete?

Gonna make an investment in a Chord Hugo 2, for Tidal streaming (directly into my MacBook Pro) and CD playback.

Is my query (essentially) correct?

I use Arcam monos/pre (nearing 15 years of usage) with B&W 804s floor standing speakers. With the $ saved, I plan to upgrade with a pair REL s/510s subs instead (but that’s a discussion for another day).

Cheers,

Charlie

128x128teh_chucksta

I would recommend a streamer with built in room correction from either Anthem or NAD.

Allo Shanti dual LPS ordered.  Reviews for this are great, cost was reasonable and I’ll be able to use it with both the Node & Chord Qutest (Step 2)

@mikekuller 

Hey Mike, I bought the Node and the Allo Shanti as well but can’t connect them. The node comes with a 2-prong e55943 type-A power cord (female) while the Shanti has a type single node DC (female). For the life of me, can’t find an adapter. I bought a set on Amazon but no love. Can you help? Thanks, C.

Sorry, but the problem is that I'm using the Allo Shanti with my Qutest DAC and the cord fits right into it.

The Blusound stuff has different cords/connectors and I have no idea how to adapt the AS PS to them.

Hopefully you can return the AS.

The Lucky Audiophile